Every eBay for Charity item sold makes a difference, as a percentage of the proceeds will go to charity. Here's how it all works:
Anyone selling on eBay can list an eBay for Charity item and donate a percentage to charity.
- The seller lists an item as normal (using 'Advanced Sell'), choosing a charity and the % to donate.
- The item sells. The seller receives payment from the buyer (and a matching % fee credit from eBay.)
- MissionFish collects the donation from the seller. The payment method on file with eBay is used unless the seller has chosen otherwise.
- If the seller ticked the Gift Aid box, MissionFish claims Gift Aid for the charity.
- After a short period to ensure all has gone through successfully, the donation and Gift Aid is transferred to the chosen charity (minus a small deduction to cover administrative costs incurred by MissionFish).