Page 1 of 3
TACC’s away match donation was in Skopje, Macedonia in September 2008.
Following discussions with the British Embassy we decided to help these two worthy causes.
1 - "Snezana" - Friday 5th September 2008
The British Embassy itentified Snezana as a worthy cause.
Snezana is a day care centre for street children. They asked for basics such as shoes, towels, toiletries, clothes and school equipment.
We presented £4,000 worth of basics such as winter boots, shoes and slippers, clothes, socks, sports equipment, hygiene supplies and books & school equipment to "Snezana" - a day care centre for street children. We also threw the children a party complete with pipe band (the Caledonian Pipe Band - who have now entertained the children at several of our parties) - Micky Ross from the Sunshine Appeal heading up a group of Scotland supporters to represent TACC, and did great job facing up to the TV cameras!
2 - "Topaansko Pole" - Saturday 6th September 2008
The British Embassy itentified Topaansko Pole as a worthy cause.
On Saturday 6th we threw another party at "Topaansko Pole" - a centre/home for severely disabled children (120 children in all, 60 of whom live there). They have asked for help with renovations to toilets, showers, and/or new beds and mattresses.
We had sent over £8,000 in advance to...
- fund renovations to their toilets and bathrooms
- buy new beds and matresses . The new matresses are 15cm thick and replaced the 2cm thick matresses which have been used since 1970 when the home opened. We can safely assume that the chidlren will be feeling the benefit every night, courtesy of TACC and Scotland supporters.
Again we had a couple of pipers (Colin and Bruce), and the children put on a show for us, with a traditional dance.
In total we donated £12,000 to these great causes £12,000 to these great causes for children.
Thanks to all of you who helped us achieve this by
- Taking part in the TACC Lottery
- Raising money by doing a sponsored run, walk, diet or just a collection at work
- Buying a TACC polo shirt, or TartanSkopje t-shirt
- Supporting one of our events, such as the Charity Ball in September